lundi 9 juin 2014

Mustang Part 12 - Paint

After having worked on the interior, i switched to paint getting some good results and issues. Coming back to the hobby after so many years, for now, i stick to brush painting despite that i know that the finish result will be much less better than airbrush. I prefer to go slowly and work on the basics.
Anyway, let's go on.



I find out that i had an issue with semi gloss black paint... very grainy result...
Well, i was using a very old revell enamel (more than 15 years old) which seems to be throw it away now. I sanded off the part and i have to get a new paint.


Trying to paint the hood, we can see the brush marks... I used a brand new brush, but I have really to improve myself for this. My plan is to wet sand with 1000, and 2000, have another coat, wet sand again, then clear coat.



Meanwhile, i'm testing the chassis/body integration. It seems to be ok, even if it's not really easy to put them together as designed originally by the kit.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire